Pettit Racing has worked with Milltek Sport, one of the UK's premiere exhaust specialists, to create a full and modular Mazda RX8 exhaust system. This weight-saving, power-boosting exhaust is the ultimate upgrade for your complete stock RX-8 exhaust! Features include:
- Huge 4-inch beautifully crafted tips, sculpted to fit the curves of the RX8 rear valances.
- A twin-box muffler system for elegant looks, great sound and weight savings.
- Very civilized in-cabin, and when cruising, the system really opens up along with your rotary engine.
- Weight savings are 2kg (4.4 lbs.) over OEM for the catback alone, and with the resonated hi-flow cat as well, 7kg (15.4 lbs.) is saved over OEM!
This full 3-inch RX8 exhaust upgrade has been carefully engineered to give a slightly more aggressive sound than the Racing Beat system, but with none of the in-cabin "drone" when cruising, which occurs in louder systems such as the Greddy SP2.
The modular configuration allows for both simple adjustment for fit, as well as easy customization. You can simply remove the RX8 catalytic converter section and replace it with the delete pipe, while keeping the entire cat back and resonated sections in place.
Additionally, the straight-through slip design allows a totally free-flowing system, whereas the OEM Mazda RX-8 flange introduces an unavoidable restriction.
The catalytic converter itself is a very high quality, metal matrix 200 CPSI (cells per square inch) HJS system, and complements our lower cost option, for users who want both a more-modulated sound (via the resonator) and a higher quality product for better performance & longevity in sporting or racing situations.
With its modular design, it's easy to operate this RX-8 exhaust system as a cat / decat setup, just by purchasing the cat delete pipe (* see note below) as well, and simply slipping one off and slipping the other on, then bolting up the flange to the exhaust manifold. HJS rates their catalytic converter to over 1050° C to deal with the high temp exhaust flow of Mazda RX8 rotary engines.
- * NOTE: Cat delete pipe cannot be used separately; only to replace catalytic converter section of the RX8 Resonated Hi Flow cat, to create a Race-pipe
- NOTE: While we will support the new 2009+ RX8 R3 model, it is a different fit. The R3 model Pettit Racing RX-8 catback should be available soon.